Tuesday, November 8, 2016

WE MEET AGAIN


From Ambassador Queen Sally McDaniel of the Rouge Chapeau Mamah’s of Minerva, OH USA wrote to us about the value of the friendships to be found as a Member of the Red Hat Society.
Here is what she wishes to share:

I want to tell you how absolutely wonderful RHS is and share how it has connected me around the world. Few years ago, I learned of a EuroDisney Funvention arranged by a RHS Chapter at Euro Disney. Another Hatter and myself decided to attend. We were seated at a table with lots of Aussie girls. We had a great time meeting them and exchanging email addresses. Four years later, one of these gals co-hosted a 2012 Funvention in Darwin, Australia. Well, this opportunity struck my fancy, so I decided to go; booked flights, got a visa and off I went! I had such a fabulous time. Two of the ladies that I met at the EuroDisney event were there from Western Australia. I was one of the only Americans there. I know this part is so Red Hat, but I fell in love with Judy, the co-host’s shoes. She had a collection of the most unique shoes!   So, one night, unbeknownst to me, one of the new gals I met, made arrangements with Judy to present me with a pair of RED Gum Boots. I dragged those boots all over AU and then to New Zealand before returning home.   I am still over the top with excitement at the gesture and wear them to this day.

As time moves along, emails and cards fly between us and along comes the San Antonio Convention, and guess what? My friend, Ambassador Queen Gail Snell of the Top End Feral Flames from Darwin, North Territory, Australia, registered to come along with four other Chapter Members. We met in San Antonio and spent the time of our lives. (So far!)

This world is very small and here once again, friends made through the RHS prove to be those to cherish. The RHS enables us to keep our friendship going. We have good times together; laughing, sharing, in person, online, and simply being friends. Only through RHS could this happen. I just wanted to share how wonderful this friendship is.

Thanks, from Sally, a loyal believer! Supporting Member. GO RHS GO, long live the Red, Purple, Pink and Lavender!


Not a member of the Red Hat Society? There's only one, join the fun!


You are invited to join your Red (and Pink) Hat Sisters for an experience of a lifetime, where joy, laughter and the electricity of fun and friendship reign supreme in the city that never sleeps!  Let this serve as your official invitation to the Red Hat Society's 2017 Hats in the City 
International Convention in New York, New York.



No comments:

Post a Comment