One of the best things about being a part of The Red Hat Society is the Sisterhood and the many Friendships that are made. Women from all over the world connect with one another in joyful gatherings, or as we so affectionately call it…playtime! This month, RHS will be focusing on connections found within the Sisterhood. We thought that this Hanging Picture Frame would be a great way to showcase the connections that are dear to your heart.
3 unfinished wood frames in different shapes
Paint (we chose red and purple)
1 roll of ribbon
Hot glue gun
1. Paint each of your frame shapes a different color. After 2 or 3 coats of paint allow to dry for 24 hours.
2. Cut 3 pieces of ribbon the exact same size. Make sure that your ribbon is longer than the length of the frames you want to hang. Cut another piece of ribbon long enough to attach and make a bow at the top frame. Ours is about 15 inches long.
3. Arrange the frames how you would like them to hang them. Center and space your frames approximately 2 inches apart.
4. Align ribbon on each side of the frame. Cut Velcro pieces and carefully attach them to your frames and ribbon. Make sure everything is in alignment as you go. Tip: You can use your glue gun at this point to attach the Velcro if it is not self-adhesive.
5.Once your ribbon and Velcro are attached, add your own special touch by decorating your frame to fit your style. We love anything with bling!
6. After you have finished putting the final artful touches to your frame,hot glue the last piece of ribbon to the top of the frame for hanging. Once the glue has dried cut the ribbon in half and tie into a bow.
7. Add your pictures and hang your beautiful handmade picture frames on the wall!