Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Love Notes From Hatters

In preparation for the "Hatter's LOVEFest" taking place at the 2015 Speedway Sparkle International Convention, the Hatquarters of the Red Hat Society requested that Members write a note on the Red Hat Society's Queens and Members Board sharing why they love being a Hatter. We have received 20 "Love Notes" from Hatters around the world, and each story is touching in its own way. 

Today, we thought we would share a few of the love notes here with you. If you are an RHS Member who loves the Sisterhood, we hope you will be inspired to share a Love Note of your own. Each message we receive will be displayed in the main ballroom during the Hatter's LOVEFest on Friday, August 14th. If you are a woman who was considering joining the Red Hat Society, then we hope you will be inspired by these messages to grab life by the hat and join in the fun!


Love Notes from Members of the RHS

"I am so very happy to be involved in such a wonderful organization.I have met many wonderful people. I am hoping to meet many more.There are so many diverse personalities in the society, and it is amazing how they all come together!

One of the reasons I chose to become a Red Hatter was not only because of a good friend inviting me to join this wonderful world, but also because in my younger years and also these mid years, I have been witness to many older relatives who passed on without really living their golden years. One in particular comes to mind, and after seeing her become mean and spiteful with no desire to maintain any healthy friendships or even enjoy the world around her, I refused to become like her. I am a very social person and have the desire to live a full and crazy life until I cannot do it anymore. Life is too short not to enjoy it!

I have a wonderful Chapter with a group of wonderful gals who I am proud to call my friends and Sisters!" - Queen Jacquie of the Sparkling Angelic Divas Chapter




"
My whole social life was wrapped up in my daughter. My friends were the parents of her friends. When she married and moved away, I didn't quite know what to do. I saw some ladies out and about in purple with red hats. That's how I found out about the Red Hat Society. And then I knew what to do. I joined, found a Chapter and made friends locally. I started posting on the QMB and made friends all over the country, and then in other countries as well. I've been a member for over 10 years. It is the best gift I have ever given myself. I travel every year to new places and meet new friends. I even went to London one year. Thanks, Sue Ellen, for giving us this wonderful society."- Ambassador Sharon of the Ramblin' Roses Chapter


"I have been a Red Hatter for 10 years + and I have met so many new and fabulous friends from all over the world. If not for the Red Hat Society I would have never been able to connect with so many different people from all walks of life. I can have fun with my Red at sisters and they make me feel welcome wherever I go. Thanks Red Hat Society for showing me the true meaning of friendship and allowing me to meet so many wonderful ladies and have great adventures!!!" - Queen Shelly of the Queen of the Malls Chapter




"If you knew me when ….when I was shy! ….when I was the quiet one! ….when I watched more than participated! ….when I was a loner! ….when I didn’t have time for friendship! …. when I was way too serious!

If you know me now …..I’m spreading my wings and soaring to new heights ….I’m making my voice heard and laughing out loud, frequently! ….I’m leading the fun – singing, parading, dancing and having a Hoot! .... I’m reaching out to others to join the fun! …..I’m building friendships! …I’m no longer serious!!!

I’ve joined in the RHS FUN! I’m letting my “little girl” out to play! I wear sparkly clothing and glittered shoes, lots of blingy jewelry and the bigger the hat the better! I dress in theme and costume!

I’ve joined in the FUN! I’m a Michigan Red and Pink Hatter, a Mover n’ Shaker, a Bionic Babe, a Dinner Belle, a RHS Pirate, a Darling Diabetic Diva, a Bedroom Klampett and more! I am the Sisterhood of the Traveling Hats!!!

Yes, that’s what the Red Hat Society has done for ME!!!" - Princess Lu Wanda fo the Sisterhood of the Traveling Hats




If you would like to read all of the love notes Hatters have shared, you can view them here.


Here's a Fun Fact: The Hatter's LOVEFest was inspired by Robert Indiana's famous LOVE sculpture, which is housed at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment