A few weeks ago, we created a post showing how you can make your own Plaited Straw Cup and Saucer Hat, and after so many tea cup and saucer hats appeared at the convention, we had to put a bedazzled twist on this festive headpiece.
This hat is super easy and fun to make! Want to give it a try? Read on:
What you'll need:
-A plastic tea set-A sturdy circle base of wood or plastic
-Paint (colors of your choice)
- Spray glue glitter (We used purple glitter and pink glitter)
- Hot Glue
- Thick, sturdy plastic headband
How to assemble:
1. We sprayed the base with purple glitter until it was completely covered and let it sit overnight to dry
2. Paint your tea set your desired color and spray it with glue glitter. Let it sit overnight.
3. Once the tea set has dried you can glue it to the base with the hot glue gun and allow it to dry.
4. Attach the base to the headband with the hot glue gun wherever you would like. We preferred to glue it off to the side.
5. Allow plenty of time for it to completely dry before wearing it.
We hope you enjoy this hat! But before we let you go, we have to show you this incredible grits hat that one Hatter created for the Glitz & Gritz event of the convention:
Isn't that too cute? We love the creativity in this Sisterhood!
Did you know the Red Hat Society is on Facebook?
We have some exciting news! In celebration of The Great Gatsby's debut this week, Warner Bros. has provided us with some incredible giveaways to share with Members of the Red Hat Society on Facebook. Just for LIKING our Facebook page, you could win an official movie poster signed by: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Baz Lurmann, or one of 9 copies of the original motion picture soundtrack, which features three additional bonus tracks. QMBers be sure to participate on the Great Gatsby Giveaway thread for your chance to win a copy of this exclusive soundtrack!