Since we love an attention grabbing hairdo, we set out to find some fun ways to add temporary color to our hair. Enter Hair Chalk! This quick and super easy method, gives you just the right pop of color, and it washes out easily at the end of the day! We were going to buy actual hair chalk for this tutorial, but after watching a few videos on YouTube, we discovered that it's actually cheaper just to buy a box of Soft Pastels from the local art store. Be sure to get soft pastels, because oil pastels could stain your hair.
So let's get chalking!
First: Choose the color or colors you would like to use.
Second: Decide what look you are going for: small streaks, ombre, or large chunks of color
Once you have the look you want in your head, you can go ahead and start chalking.
1. Take a section of hair and wet it.
2. Twist the section so the color has texture to latch onto as opposed to just flat hair.
3. Wet the chalk a little bit
4. Apply chalk to the hair in downward strokes so you don't knot up your hair.
5. Be sure to apply color on all sides of the twists.
6. Let it air dry
7. Set the color with a straightening iron or curling iron
Samples chalking on different hair colors and textures: (These are not completed looks, these are just swatches on different hair colors.)
Hair chalking is the perfect way to add a touch of sass to your daily look, and it's perfect for outings and RHS Conventions! Give it a try and let us know how it works for you! Send your pictures to Stories@Redhatsociety.com.
Want to get in on the fun? Be sure to visit our website: www.RedHatSociety.com to see how you can join today!