Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Queen Mother Elizabeth’s Red Hat Recess



RHS Ambasador and Queen Mother Elizabeth of the Divine Divas of Tampa Bay recently returned from an incredible weekend in Fort Myers, Florida where she celebrated the Sisterhood with Queen Mother Dottie of the Odessa Diamond Divas, Queen Mom Carol of the Mystic Maidens and RHS Ambassador and Queen Mother Minnie.

The women participated in the Fort Myers Florida Murder Mystery Dinner Train, visited the Thomas Edison and Henry Ford Winter Estates, and they spent a wonderful day with Queen Mother Minnie who not only treated them to a wonderful breakfast, but she gave them each a beautiful handkerchief with a crocheted red hat on it.

When Queen Elizabeth got home, she took time to draft a letter to Hatquarters to share with the Sisterhood what the Red Hat Society means to her, and it brightened the days of so many people at Hatquarters that we had to share it here with you:

“I have been privileged to participate in numerous Red Hat Society events, both in Florida and other States, including a few International Conventions over the past 10 years. It was my distinct honor to be a part of the historic event in Washington D.C., when on April 25, 2011, first Red Hat and Purple Boa were inducted into the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History. I cannot begin to express how much my life is better because of Red Hatting. The rewards I have received on my small Membership investment are immeasurable! I feel strongly about the benefits of Supporting Membership and try to make certain any activity I attend or those individuals see the benefit as well.

Every day, in every way Red Hatting makes my life better. The conviviality experienced at each gathering becomes richer every year. I get to share my life and love with a wonderful Sisterhood of women from all walks of life and the quality of that sharing has formed a bond closer than some families. I cannot (nor would I want to) imagine how dull and boring life would be without the rich panalopy of colors and the joy radiated when we fill a room ready to play and experience recess to its fullest. Since retiring in August of 2012, my life has been one big recess.

For me the Red Hat Society Sisterhood is simply one of the greatest joys of my life. I have a Social Network of women from all over the world. These incredible ladies have been a great source of inspiration, talents, ideas and their sense of adventure is nothing short of awe-inspiring! Yes indeed, there is something magical in those hats!” 

Thank you for sharing this beautiful testimonial with us Queen Mother Elizabeth! If you would like to read what other Hatters have been saying about the Sisterhood, click here. To learn how you can become a Member of this ever-growing Sisterhood click here.

1 comment:

  1. I have had the pleasure of knowing Queen Elizabeth. Not only is Elizabeth a wonderful hatter, but she is a caring and loving lady.
    She truly is a great example for Red Hatting.

    QM Christine Towers
    Prime Time Silver Belles
    Riverview, FL

    ReplyDelete