Friday, April 15, 2011

Time for Tea!



Glenda McCord, Queen of the Classy Bama Belles, writes, “I really enjoyed a tea party, which I attended in Huntsville last Saturday that was sponsored by the chapter The Fellowship of Friends Red Hatters."


"I got there a little early and since seating wasn't assigned I got my choice. I chose this table because I love the hat!”


All the Hatters who attended had a lovely time: what better way to spend a lovely spring day? 







“What’s up with the tea parties, boas, pirate costumes and bling?”

Hatters like all of these things (and more!) simply because they are fun. We encourage every Hatter to let her inner child come out to play, and one of the best ways to do that is by playing “dress-up”!

We don’t believe in paying much attention to what other people might consider “proper” (although we do strive to always act like ladies) while we’re out having our fun. Does this mean that every Hatter has to collect a whole wardrobe of costumes and fancy outfits? Of course not!

Again, it’s all about fun: if you genuinely don’t like dressing up, there are plenty of other ways to have fun. But every Hatter is encouraged to try more outrageous outings from time to time: after all, you never know when you may decide that it’s fun to be a pirate!

No comments:

Post a Comment